When to start taking full-lengths?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Delilah

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I start taking full-lengths if I'm half way through the material? I'll be half way through by end of next week. At my rate, I don't anticipate completing the material until 4 weeks before the test (Jan), but I fear that's cutting it too close. What's recommended?

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on how many of them you have/have access to..

I have all the AAMC's, several KAPLAN and TPR and hundreds of questions (ExamCrackers, MCAT 45, etc), so I've been testing all along (taken two so far, third this week). Usually take about one full length a month (testing in April) so that I wouldn't run out, but they say the practice tests/questions are the absolute most help.

:luck:

Should I start taking full-lengths if I'm half way through the material? I'll be half way through by end of next week. At my rate, I don't anticipate completing the material until 4 weeks before the test (Jan), but I fear that's cutting it too close. What's recommended?

save your AAMC's until that last 4 weeks, but any other tests you have are "throw-away" so you can take them whenever you feel like to see how you are doing :thumbup:

I would recommend taking full-lengths as soon as possible, no matter how far through the material you are. Two reasons:

(1) Triage what you know and what you don't know.

(2) When you take full-lengths, you should be focused on strategy and timing. For example, finding clues and short-cuts to help you get the answer. Even if you haven't reviewed the content for a particular question, it's good practice to try and solve the answer. It's amazing how many questions can be answered from the question and/or the passage.