1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

When to start thinking about externships...

Discussion in 'Radiation Oncology' started by Tigerstang, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Tigerstang

Tigerstang Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

And how to apply?

I'm an MS3 interested in radiation oncology and would greatly appreciate any advice on how to find more information about externships. I'm pretty sure I'd like to do one (actually two if at all possible) but was wondering how I should go about applying for them. It doesn't look like many programs have info about their externship programs online. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Hope everyone is having a happy holiday season!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. frycek

frycek Member
    10+ Year Member

I have the same question.

4. RadoncRoulette

2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
  5. Scrybe9

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    That's a great link, wish I had it when I was going through the process last year. The application timelines are different for every school and some of them have a lot of hoops to jump through. The earlier you get started on this the better, though you may find out that you can't apply until April or May... even for a July rotation. It's just the first hurdle in the long year of ERAS, interviews, and the waiting game. Good luck to all the 3rd years going for it.

6. Pewl

Pewl The Dude Abides
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    This doesn't quite seem like a complete list. Some of the programs which I know do have externships don't come up.