When to stop studying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

franklinthedog

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is everyone's opinion on this....I hear that you should definitely use Wednesday as your last day to study. That's tough though, seems like you'd be wasting all that time on Thursday. Studying Friday would be bad, but what about Thursday?

I think it's more important to be laid back the day of; hence, would studying Thursday get you keyed up? A lot of the MCAT seems to be straightforward, if you're relaxed, and that's the key (we all know how hard it is to think when you've hit that OH S**T point I've got 15 minutes left and 3 passages left). So, is Wednesday the magic day to stop studying?

Opinions please...

Thanks in advance....

Members don't see this ad.

It will be hard to do, but, I think wednesday night will be my last night of studying. Definitely won't be doing any mcat related things on friday.

I know people will probably tell me its a bad idea but im going to review right on up till friday. I just feel like the more, the better and what if you review something on Friday that is on the test that you wouldnt have remembered if you didnt review that final day.. I dont know, Im just anal about stuff like that.....:p

Members don't see this ad :)
i found doing some light review up until thursday was fine. Friday, I just relaxed the whole day, and felt refreshed going into the test.

i've decided to stop studying thursday afternoon around 4 pm.
until then, i'll be reviewing...
however, i would advise no mcat-related activities on friday.
i think one day is enough to ensure you go into the exam feeling refreshed. however, everyone is different and if you are the type who freaks out easily, you may need thursday and friday to relax.

for me...
review till thursday...26 miles run on friday morning....eat lotta chicken, and fish....have some "fun" in my hot bath tub with my gfriend....share some saki....and watch conan in my bed...
these should be enough...i hope..

26 miles.... my a.. haha. the GF thang should soak up all your energy though. no need for a marathon the day before.

I'm got aamc5 scheduled for tuesday, and aamc6 for thursday. Too much? I got a test this saturday and sunday back to back as well, so I don't know how else to move it around, maybe aamc6 back to wednesday for two back-to-backs ?

Or should I just stick with the way it is? The aamc6 is thursday so friday will be like an active rest, just going over a little, relaxing... full-length's don't really phase me anymore. I see no point in doing absolutely nothing on friday.

ENOUGH WITH THE STUDYING ALREADY.

You people need to chill out. The MCAT is more bark than bite.

Yeah! would everybody just stop studying please. It would make my life a whole lot easier.

I've been feeling pretty bored with the mcat studying lately. I mean, I've been going over this crap for quite some time now and frankly, i'm tired of doing it. I think this attitude is causing me to be less serious and thorough when I'm taking the practice exams, leading to all my careless errors. So, i'm hoping by taking thurs and friday off, i'll come back rejuvenated and ready kick some mcat butt.