When to stop submitting secondary apps?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beyondhuman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Due to some financial restrictions and some poor planning I'm still adding schools to my primary. I have 5 done so far but from what I hear I should be at more like 15 if I want to get in. I just submitted my primary to University of Washington and noticed they have an October, 15th deadline. I mean should I just not bother doing more at this point because by the time I get reviewed/interviewed there will be like 3 seats left? or am I still in the clear?

Members don't see this ad.

Due to some financial restrictions and some poor planning I'm still adding schools to my primary. I have 5 done so far but from what I hear I should be at more like 15 if I want to get in. I just submitted my primary to University of Washington and noticed they have an October, 15th deadline. I mean should I just not bother doing more at this point because by the time I get reviewed/interviewed there will be like 3 seats left? or am I still in the clear?

Yeah, the average matriculant will have applied to 15 or so schools from what I've read. Not necessarily a waste of time depending on what your stats are. People also withdraw from schools, so all seats being taken doesn't necessarily doom you. However, since fewer withdraw from the more competitive schools, I would also apply to some somewhat less competitive schools.