when to take DAT (have not taken bio nor ochem)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jankodejenko

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all, i'm finishing up my last year of pre-dental requirements with ochem and biology. i just started the semester and wanted to know if there are any recommendations to when i should be taking the DAT. I've heard to start now (simultaneously) but i haven't even touched biology since high school. i just finished general chem and physics last spring.

thanks i appreciate it

Members don't see this ad.

Take the DAT after you finish taking Ochem and Bio. I'm in the same boat. I'm taking Ochem 1, Physics 211, Bio 1 and Bio 2 this current fall semester. OChem 2, Physics 212, Anatomy, and Physiology in the spring. DAT in June.

Reactions: 1 users
hi all, i'm finishing up my last year of pre-dental requirements with ochem and biology. i just started the semester and wanted to know if there are any recommendations to when i should be taking the DAT. I've heard to start now (simultaneously) but i haven't even touched biology since high school. i just finished general chem and physics last spring.

thanks i appreciate it
It is ill advised to even consider the DAT until you have completed the required courses. If you want to start working on DAT subjects now, it's never to early to brush up on your Math skills and look at the PAT. If you are not a strong reader, why not start reading every day for fun. That way you will increase your speed and comprehension levels with little effort.

Your main focus should be keeping your GPA as high as possible. Orgo is a challenging course and it will help you greatly in the future if you get an A in the class.

Nancy

Reactions: 2 users