When to take Step III, and is it important for fellowships?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spyder007

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, the title says it all. I'm in my intern year and was thinking about just getting Step III out of the way. However, I don't know if I'll have the time I need to fully dedicate to study well and don't want to shoot myself in the foot for fellowship with a bad score. Does it even matter? Is it better to just knock it out?

Thanks, and good luck to all those applying to residency this year. You'll be happy when it's over.

Peace.

Members don't see this ad.

hey spyder,

i can't comment on whether step III counts for fellowship or not. however, were i you, i would get a couple of months of wards behind my belt, go through Crush or some other review book, do some practice questions and take it. it is a nice feeling to have it out of the way.

good luck

Spyder007 said:
Well, the title says it all. I'm in my intern year and was thinking about just getting Step III out of the way. However, I don't know if I'll have the time I need to fully dedicate to study well and don't want to shoot myself in the foot for fellowship with a bad score. Does it even matter? Is it better to just knock it out?

Thanks, and good luck to all those applying to residency this year. You'll be happy when it's over.

Peace.