Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys!
I have a few questions that I thought I could get answered here pretty easily, and getting your guys' input would really mean a lot to me! Anyway, I am a biomedical engineering major, and due to the way my major is set up at my school, I don't get to take biology until Junior year. To be more specific, I take Systems Bioengineering I-III starting in Junior fall and finishing in Senior fall.
Now my main question, is, considering that I won't really be able to schedule myself to have a light semester for MCAT studying, when is the best time for me to take the MCAT? I like the idea of having a summer to prepare for it, but I'm worried about taking it next summer (after my sophomore year), since I won't have a biology background.
Getting the timing down for all of this stuff has gotten me quite confused, so I want to get it sorted out before I mess anything up 😕
EDIT: I am also curious - is it realistic to self-teach MCAT biology, if I have had a little prior knowledge but no specific intro bio courses?
I have a few questions that I thought I could get answered here pretty easily, and getting your guys' input would really mean a lot to me! Anyway, I am a biomedical engineering major, and due to the way my major is set up at my school, I don't get to take biology until Junior year. To be more specific, I take Systems Bioengineering I-III starting in Junior fall and finishing in Senior fall.
Now my main question, is, considering that I won't really be able to schedule myself to have a light semester for MCAT studying, when is the best time for me to take the MCAT? I like the idea of having a summer to prepare for it, but I'm worried about taking it next summer (after my sophomore year), since I won't have a biology background.
Getting the timing down for all of this stuff has gotten me quite confused, so I want to get it sorted out before I mess anything up 😕
EDIT: I am also curious - is it realistic to self-teach MCAT biology, if I have had a little prior knowledge but no specific intro bio courses?
Last edited: