1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

When to take?

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by AmyBass2011, Apr 11, 2004.

1. AmyBass2011

AmyBass2011 Member
    5+ Year Member

I want to do an August MCAT. Should it be done the summer between my sophmore/junior year or between my junior/senior year? Thanks, Amy

2. Jonathan13180

Jonathan13180 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey, I think most people do it b/t junior and senior year of college. Cute baby.

3. August MCAT? I took it right after sophomore year. If you're going to be taking it after junior year, make sure you get all your apps in early.

4. NRAI2001

NRAI2001 3K Member
    10+ Year Member

Wow cute mommy also :D

5. AmyBass2011

AmyBass2011 Member
    5+ Year Member

Thank you very much. I plan to take it in August between my sophmore & junior year :) Amy

6. ASDIC

ASDIC The 9th Flotilla
    15+ Year Member

Medical Student
    as long as you have finished taking all the pre-reqs and confident on the Bio...go ahead and take the MCAT in the summer. You still have a good shot the spring of the junior year

7. Pinkertinkle

Pinkertinkle 2003 Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Summer between soph and junior year is good, you have your 2nd year prereqs fresh in your mind and you can always retake next april if you aren't satisfied.

8. AmyBass2011

AmyBass2011 Member
    5+ Year Member

Plus, the summer between sophmore & junior year I will have the whole summer to concentrate on just studying and doing some clinical volunteer work/shadowing.... :)

9. Jonathan13180

Jonathan13180 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Makes sense, goodluck with everything