When to take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AmyBass2011

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to do an August MCAT. Should it be done the summer between my sophmore/junior year or between my junior/senior year? Thanks, Amy

Members don't see this ad.

August MCAT? I took it right after sophomore year. If you're going to be taking it after junior year, make sure you get all your apps in early.

Members don't see this ad :)
as long as you have finished taking all the pre-reqs and confident on the Bio...go ahead and take the MCAT in the summer. You still have a good shot the spring of the junior year

Summer between soph and junior year is good, you have your 2nd year prereqs fresh in your mind and you can always retake next april if you aren't satisfied.

Plus, the summer between sophmore & junior year I will have the whole summer to concentrate on just studying and doing some clinical volunteer work/shadowing.... :)

AmyBass2011 said:
Plus, the summer between sophmore & junior year I will have the whole summer to concentrate on just studying and doing some clinical volunteer work/shadowing.... :)

Makes sense, goodluck with everything