When will we get out???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paradigm2200

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.....been reading the forums for a long time but finally decided to register....anyway.....does anyone know what time (approximately) the test will be over....its impossible to tell for everyone since each area starts the test at roughly different times......

thanks

paradigm2200

Members don't see this ad.

it's tough to say because it will depend on how long it takes for the individual test centers to put everyone in rooms, organize proctors, check id's read directions, etc...

it also takes a bit of extra time at the end if people void scores and there is a survey that you'll fill out before you leave.

paradigm2200 said:
Hi guys.....been reading the forums for a long time but finally decided to register....anyway.....does anyone know what time (approximately) the test will be over....its impossible to tell for everyone since each area starts the test at roughly different times......

Umm, I think each area starts at the same time (i.e. 8 am) within the local time-zone. Being on the East Coast, I will start at 8 am Eastern, which corresponds to 4 am on the West Coast. 4 hours into the test, I will be starting my writing section while the West Coasters start filling out their first scantrons.

Regardless of your time-zone, the test will be from roughly 8 am to about 5 pm.

Show up for Registration BY 8 am. There is roughly 6 hours of pure testing, and 1 hour and 20 minutes of break time. Throw in administrative stuff and a post-test survey, and you've got yourself a finishing time of roughly 5 PM.

Definitely prepare for the worst. It is not uncommon to get out at 5 or even 6 (worst case 7). A lot of people underestimate that late-afternoon crash and lose focus during BS. Be sure that you have a nice snack for the break between WS and BS; do not set yourself up for a low-sugar brain wreck. For the same reason, do not burn out on coffee early in the day. This is an endurance test, and you need to eat accordingly.

Members don't see this ad :)
crazy_cavalier said:
Umm, I think each area starts at the same time (i.e. 8 am) within the local time-zone. Being on the East Coast, I will start at 8 am Eastern, which corresponds to 4 am on the West Coast. 4 hours into the test, I will be starting my writing section while the West Coasters start filling out their first scantrons.

Regardless of your time-zone, the test will be from roughly 8 am to about 5 pm.

Show up for Registration BY 8 am. There is roughly 6 hours of pure testing, and 1 hour and 20 minutes of break time. Throw in administrative stuff and a post-test survey, and you've got yourself a finishing time of roughly 5 PM.

Just FYI, when I took it, I recall it starting at least an hour late, and ending about 1.5 hours late...

In Texas, we started at around 8:30ish and finally ended the day at about 4-4:30. I can't remember exactly because i was just happy to get out of there.

If you have good proctors and are taking it at a testing center that usually administers the MCAT, then the day should hopefully go flawless. if not, you may be in for a rough ride.