When you submitted FAFSA....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

okgo2503

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who applied to schools where parental information was required on FAFSA for Institutional Aid purposes, when you submitted your FAFSA did BOTH you and your parents have to electronically sign the FAFSA or just you? I had included parental data but then it only required me to sign it so I thought maybe my parental data hadn't gone through. :confused: I just received a few aid packages from schools I've been accepted to, and I did not receive any Institutional Aid and I wasn't sure if it's because I did not qualify financially or because they didn't get the parental data that was required:(:mad:. Somebody who remembers filling out FAFSA (I know it seems like forever ago haha) please help! Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

When I included my parental data, I still didn't have my parents sign. FAFSA does verify their birthdate and ssn, though.

The best answer is probably to contact the schools. It's possible they had some other requirements you didn't meet or they just haven't awarded all the institutional aid yet.

Yeah if you will be in Medical school signing by your parents isn't required on the FAFSA.

Chances are you didn't qualify for the minimum amount for those schools of parental plus your EFC.