When you submitted FAFSA....

Started by okgo2503
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

okgo2503

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you who applied to schools where parental information was required on FAFSA for Institutional Aid purposes, when you submitted your FAFSA did BOTH you and your parents have to electronically sign the FAFSA or just you? I had included parental data but then it only required me to sign it so I thought maybe my parental data hadn't gone through. 😕 I just received a few aid packages from schools I've been accepted to, and I did not receive any Institutional Aid and I wasn't sure if it's because I did not qualify financially or because they didn't get the parental data that was required🙁😡. Somebody who remembers filling out FAFSA (I know it seems like forever ago haha) please help! Thanks!!
 
When I included my parental data, I still didn't have my parents sign. FAFSA does verify their birthdate and ssn, though.

The best answer is probably to contact the schools. It's possible they had some other requirements you didn't meet or they just haven't awarded all the institutional aid yet.