when's everyone submitting columbia application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yogi Bear

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
just wondering when everyone will submit their 2003 columbia apps. i'm aiming for sometime next week.

Members don't see this ad.

Me too. --Trek

Submit ASAP, everyone. They were the first school to get back to me last year, and I ended up getting in, and that's where I'm goinG (much to my surprise)!!

Members don't see this ad :)
i submitted two days ago, but i think that next week is a fine time to submit. i figure submitting about a month after they make it available will suffice.

I submitted about two weeks ago and I just got an email saying that my application is complete and is being reviewed.

What essays do we have to write for their app.?

I submitted a week and a day ago... that ap. was a pain in the a$$. They didn't leave you enough room for anything! :confused:

but you can attach stuff - so its all good. perhaps i'll get my app in the next 4-5 months. maybe.

oops....i totally forgot about sending transcripts to columbia and nyu....arggh.. won't matter if my app comes in early since it takes a week for my transcript request to reach community colllege i attended in hs, and another week for them to process and send to columbia...argghh...:mad:

Originally posted by jot
but you can attach stuff - so its all good. perhaps i'll get my app in the next 4-5 months. maybe.

I'm not talking about the essay... I'm talking about the space given for Professors names', course names, and stuff like that. You're not meant to attach extra files for that stuff.

What did you guys do for the essay? Just basically edit the hell out of you personal statement? Anyone applying MSTP? The two essays kind of overlap a bit.

i don't think they overlap much at all - hopefully i'm lookin at the right essay. the mstp is about role models and objectives which seems prospective, as opposed to motivations, which seems more retrospective and introspective. lots of -tives in this.

Well,
in my first essay I wrote about the satisfactions of discovering new treatments and implementing those treatments into the clinic to have a direct impact, which is really the same as my goal as a physician/scientist, so I feel they do overlap somewhat.

Hey I heard that it doesnt matter when we submit our Collumbia app because they only send out invitation on two dates. ANyone hear this or know anyhtihng???? Im confused, I thought I had till like late August to submit this.

ALso, do we have to have our recs in before they look at the app??? Im waiting for a summer one.

Thanks!