Where all should I apply? 3.63/512/LA/ORM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kanye's Psychiatrist

thenextmcdreamy
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Trad applicant Asian 3.63 cGPA 3.54 sGPA 512 MCAT C/P: 130 CARS: 126 B/B: 127 P/S: 129

state of residence: LA (ties to MI, IL, MN)

Major: -----

Experiences/Activities:
100+ hours of shadowing
100+ hours working in a research lab (no publication though)
100+ hours serving as a crisis text line counselor
Volunteered at hospital/food bank and hospice care
Virtual study abroad (MEDLIFE)
Also was a tutor for several organizations and did virtual tutoring of local school-age children during the COVID-19 pandemic
Peer mentor for freshmen entering college

I'm looking to apply this year and I'm wondering what my chances are at certain schools but where else I should apply. I'm looking at both MD & DO schools right now. I'm looking at any region but Michigan/Northern/Midwestern schools are what I'm looking for (I was born in MI and have some connections there). While I am satisfied with my MCAT score, I do feel that I could get a higher score but I am not sure if I have the mental capacity to do a retake. Depending on other circumstances, I might take a gap year but I do think I'll be able to apply this year.

Current List (preliminary):

LSU Med in New Orleans
Tulane Med
Wayne State
OU
MSU (MD+DO)
Rush
Loyola U Chicago Med

How does my list look like so far? Do you have any more suggestions?
 
Last edited:
Apply to LSU-Shreveport also. You could add any of these schools:
TCU-UNT
Creighton
St. Louis
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
NOVA MD
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Seton Hall
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
 
@Faha thanks for the suggestions. I forgot to mention LSUS and I have added more after looking at MSAR. I'm not so sure about Texas schools cuz they don't take many non-Texas people but I could be wrong.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@Faha Thanks for the suggestions. I do have a lot more volunteering+shadowing hours but I don't know the exact number off the top of my head. Could you possibly list some DO schools? The only ones I know of is MSU and NSU
 
@Faha Thanks for the suggestions. I do have a lot more volunteering+shadowing hours but I don't know the exact number off the top of my head. Could you possibly list some DO schools? The only ones I know of is MSU and NSU
@Faha Thanks for the suggestions. I do have a lot more volunteering+shadowing hours but I don't know the exact number off the top of my head. Could you possibly list some DO schools? The only ones I know of is MSU and NSU
I suggest these DO schools with your stats:
AZCOM
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM
DMU-COM
MU-COM
ACOM
CUSOM
VCOM (all schools)
PCOM (all schools)
LECOM (all schools)
Touro-NY
WCU-COM
WVSOM
Can you afford the OOS tuition for MSUCOM ?
 
@candbgirl a little late for the reply, but my shadowing hours are much higher than what I put on the OP, I just didn't have the exact number on the top of my head.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad