Where are all my Dartmouth 06 classmates?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
O

oneironaut

I know you're out there, show yourselves. :]

Members don't see this ad.

i'm on the waitlist, does that help.

What's up oneironaut....I'm head to DMS next year.

:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I am on the waitlist too...

DMS would be my last hope this year.

Check the list of who's going where and you'll see some other people going to DMS as well.

Can you guys tell me about Dartmouth?
I am thinking of applying...
what are your stats?
My stats are not too great.. but I'm thinking of trying..
V-9, P-11, B-10
MIT; 3.6

Can you tell me more about Dartmouth?
like is it PBL or Lecture?
is it P/F all 4 yrs? (are most schools P/F?)
thanks!!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by eunice:
•Can you guys tell me about Dartmouth?
what are your stats?
V-9, P-11, B-10
MIT; 3.6

thanks!!•••••Definitely apply. I don't know why you are putting down your stats. They are great. Your GPA is high considering you're from MIT. In addition, Dartmouth is known for not placing too much emphasis on the numbers; they even say so on their website and MSAR. I don't know anything about their curriculum or grading system but I do think that you should apply.

APPLY!! DMS is an awesome school that really seems to take care of their students. I have a 31-33 MCAT, but my Phys is an 8, so don't stress.

I'll see you in the fall!

By the way, I'm reading a lot of gripes about housing, and I have to say that for most of us, trying to find an apartment from thousands of miles away is fraught with all sorts of hazards and obstacles. This is true whether or not we're getting housing in some urban center or rural New Hampshire.

For those of you who might be thinking about a temporary option while finding something more permanent, I found a listing on the <a href="http://www.dartmouthre.com" target="_blank">www.dartmouthre.com</a> site. It's the Hotel Coolidge, and for $495 per month, you get your own hotel room (with once-per-week cleaning). It's in White River Junction, VT, which isn't too far from campus. Compared to other one-bedroom options, it's comparable, but has the added advantage of enabling early termination, when you find something longer-term. Personally, I'm really uncomfortable about finding an apartment remotely, and I want to be local before committing to a place where I'm going to be living for at least 1 year, if not 4.

<a href="http://www.hotelcoolidge.com/" target="_blank">http://www.hotelcoolidge.com/</a>

Good luck to everyone!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by eunice:
•Can you guys tell me about Dartmouth?
what are your stats?
V-9, P-11, B-10
MIT; 3.6

thanks!!•••••You so have a chance of getting into Dartmouth... and also of getting into a lot of even better schools. Good luck :)

Is anyone going to be in Hanover around July 11 or so (the weekend after the 4th of July)? I was thinking of flying out there at that time to look for housing. Let me know if you are and maybe we can meet up.