Where Are All of My Late Applicants at?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedHopeful95

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I thought I'd start a thread for late applicants (submitted Sept and on) for all of us to talk about our experiences and maybe give current and future applicants some hope!

I'll start. I submitted secondaries all throughout late Sept to beginning of Nov (tough start to the year). I've gotten 2 interviews so far and silence from the rest. LM score ~73.

Good luck to you all!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted all my secondaries in mid to late September. I submitted 8 secondaries and got 7 II. So far I've been to 3 interviews and was accepted to these 3 schools. I withdrew from an interview and am still thinking on withdrawing from the remaining two interviews. LizzyM ~ 66.9
There's definitely hope for everyone. I wish everyone else good luck with their application cycle :)

Last edited:
As someone who applied before September and hasn't yet received any II's, this thread does nothing except depress me.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
As someone who applied before September and hasn't yet received any II's, this thread does nothing except depress me.

When you find the fraction of SDN threads that lift your spirits, let me know.

Currently, though, we're having a ball over at the "2016-2017 oh no I don't have a single interview invite thread"

Reactions: 2 users
Right here with you, I'm still working on a secondary for UC Davis. Not sure if I should even turn in George Washington's secondary at this point. It's so expensive.

Right here with you, I'm still working on a secondary for UC Davis. Not sure if I should even turn in George Washington's secondary at this point. It's so expensive.
I mean honestly, your chances are 0 if you don't even apply! If you feel like you have competitive stats for the school and you really want to go there, application fees are unfortunately but a drop in the bucket for the total cost of medical school! You've totally got this!

Reactions: 1 user
Late applicant here.

No II's, lots of silence. One pre-secondary denial, one pre-II denial. At this point I am happy to get denials. At least it's action. 13 secondaries completed, a few were invite only, 3 more to complete within the next few days.

Late applicant here.

No II's, lots of silence. One pre-secondary denial, one pre-II denial. At this point I am happy to get denials. At least it's action. 13 secondaries completed, a few were invite only, 3 more to complete within the next few days.

Get on it bro! Keep churning them out.

Figured I'd chip in... Primary complete in October. So far, 2 ii's, 6 pre-ii rejects, and waiting pre-ii on 14 (still waiting to receive a secondary for 1 of those).

Still have about 5 more secondaries I can submit, though not sure about the cost vs benefit this late in the game.

Wishing the best of luck to all my fellow late applicants! It's not over till it's over

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey all, I submitted most of my secondaries in September and literally got an ii just yesterday. So if you're reading this, stay hopeful!

Reactions: 1 users
Figured I'd chip in... Primary complete in October. So far, 2 ii's, 6 pre-ii rejects, and waiting pre-ii on 14 (still waiting to receive a secondary for 1 of those).

Still have about 5 more secondaries I can submit, though not sure about the cost vs benefit this late in the game.

Wishing the best of luck to all my fellow late applicants! It's not over till it's over

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Are you also waiting on one of the UC schools for a secondary invite?

Submitted primary late September, complete secondaries mid October, got my first acceptance earlier this week :) It's very possible guys.

Reactions: 2 users
It's nice to hear some good news (and hoping you all have some more)!

I'm also a late applicant (submitted primary in October). I've submitted 14 secondaries and for one II from a UC two weeks ago (a week after i submitted my secondaries). But it has been silence since and I'm realy kicking myself for applying late.

And also waiting on UCLA for secondaries (got one from all the rest)