where are non-trads taking their pre-reqs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I took all of my pre-reqs aside from Organic at CCs. It is my first cycle. 3 acceptances and counting, ftw!

I was asked in one interview what I would say if someone questioned CCs as being easier, but it did not adversely affect my decision. I have also found that I know much of that material better than people I know who took the classes at a university. Just my experience. I personally would not spend extra for a university if I did not have to, but if you have the money and feel it would help I cannot fault you for covering your bases with how fickle admissions are.

I guess for me, if a school were to not accept me because my classes were from a CC, I would know that was not a place I want to be.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats MedTG!

I think adcoms at many schools - though, of course, not all - do realize that community college classes differ in quality just as 4-year college classes do. It's sort of a "dirty little secret" of Texas med schools, but there is a certain community college whose intense summer OChem classes have a good reputation, so even some of the traditional 4-year college students come to take it for their prereqs.

I think I attend the said community college. My teacher who I am taking Gen Chem II specifically stated, "If you are taking Maymester or Summer Organic, you need to sign up, because you know the other kids from the other universities are going to take your spots quick"....

Four year University...completing GE requirements for Bachelor at a 2 year.