Where are the DOs interviewing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gclax30

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I admit I’m a little disappointed with the lack of osteopathic peds programs in the eastern states/Atlantic coast distribution, so I’m looking to go allopathic match next year. Where are you fellas applying/interviewing? Is there any love for the DOs at some of the upper tier programs? Thanks.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Apply anywhere you want. Its peds, and very "D.O. friendly" for the most part. PM me if you want more info...

I've read both ways and not been able to find a clear answer. Does anyone know what the deal is if you do a straight osteopathic residency if that prevents difficulties later if you want to specialize. I'm not referring to your competitiveness, but rather to issues with board certification. Basically can an osteopathic board certified pediatrician complete an allopathic fellowship and still get proper accreditation/licensure. Sorry if this is a repeat post, but all the previous ones I have read are so ambiguous.