Where are you from?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sammyiu

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering where the majority of you that I see have regularly posted are from. The reason that I ask is that it seems like the majority of you have applied/interviewed/been accepted at schools that are predominantly on the west coast or east coast. I don't see much about schools like Ohio State or Indiana University. As someone that is starting her 4th year at Indiana in two weeks I was just curious why more of you weren't interested in going here.

Just curious!

Members don't see this ad.

i applied to 4 schools total...decided to apply to ICO instead of Indiana...seemed to have a better program (from what i heard and read) but may not be true. Also ICO is easier to get into, and I think Indiana's deadline was earlier or somethin.

I'm from the east coast, so I only applied to east coast schools.

I have family in Columbus, though, so I did check out Ohio State. They're supposed to have an excellent program, and I really liked the small class size. There's a SDNer from there who posts here occasionally (TPMOH, I think?) and likes it a lot.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am from 20 miles south of Boston. I applied to NEWENCO, PCO, SUNY, ICO, and never submitted by application for OSU when I was accepted to NEWENCO.

I chose NEWENCO because of the location, I can save money by living at home and other expenses that develop when living away, as well as being close to my family.

I received interviews at PCO, SUNY, and ICO but cancelled them after my NEWENCO acceptance.

I also declined interviews at PCO and SUNY. After visiting Boston many times growing up I fell in love with New England especially boston. Many will argue that it is super expensive, but I believe it is a small price to pay to spend some time in such a great city. Plus being from Chicago I figured I better spend some time in Boston if I want to see both sides of the greatest World Series imaginable (Cubs vs Red Sox)

Ohio State and Indiana U. are VERY GOOD !

Im in Texas now but I chose to move to the east coast b/c I have family there, that was the deciding factor. ( and also, If I stayed in Texas, I'd have to live in Houston and .....living in Houston (esp. in the summer) is......uuuugh.....
T :mad: :mad: H :mad: T !!

correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Ohio's out of state tuition cost like $35,000 a year? pheewww...talking about inflation (!!) and that does not even include other expenses like room, books, and instruments. whoa!! that's a lot of money. but anyway, that's the number that i found at opted.org...it could be wrong...but hey, the number is around $35K for 2001, 2002, and 2003 profile...so i doubt it's a mistake on opted's part.

eyedream82 said:
correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Ohio's out of state tuition cost like $35,000 a year? pheewww...talking about inflation (!!) and that does not even include other expenses like room, books, and instruments. whoa!! that's a lot of money. but anyway, that's the number that i found at opted.org...it could be wrong...but hey, the number is around $35K for 2001, 2002, and 2003 profile...so i doubt it's a mistake on opted's part.
It is expensive, but after the first year they let most students pay in-state-tuition, which is far less than out-of-state.

I go to OSU.

Great HUGE campus, although parking is horrible.

I'm from Columbus, OH, but I guess that's probably obvious by now.