Where are you when you're on SDN?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Where are you when you're on SDN?

• At work

Votes: 20 28.2%
  • In class

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • On break

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • At home

Votes: 58 81.7%
  • Other- please specify

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DollyyLlama

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm curious, since the forums are active at all hours of the day and night. So.. are you posting when you should be working/ paying attention? When you can't sleep? Compulsively, when you have three minutes to kill? When you're at the dinner table, and your spouse is trying to converse with you?

I check the forums during the day, since I only work part-time, and with my last email check before bed.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm on a bit at work, mostly during lunch and not for long (and not every day). Otherwise... odds are, if I'm at home... here I am. For example, I just finished studying for my test tomorrow and I'm off to bed. Or, I would be, but I have to answer a poll on SDN first. :rolleyes:

Too bad I can't get paid for my time on here! It's like wishing my Neopoints were real money - ain't gonna happen. Wait, is my nerd showing again? Neopets is kewl! :smuggrin:

Account Type: Millionaire Double Platinum
Current Balance: 2,693,520 NP
Interest Rate: 10.0% per year
Yearly Interest: 269,352 NP

Real money -would- be nice. :c

In regards to the OP's question... I have a horrible sleep schedule, so it's pretty likely for me to be awake at godawful times in the morning/night. And I lurk a lot more than I post. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
At the lab or at home, that's all! I should just have answered "home" in reality because honestly the lab is more like where I live than my house is...

At the lab or at home, that's all! I should just have answered "home" in reality because honestly the lab is more like where I live than my house is...

You took the words right out of my mouth :D

I check SDN during the many "incubation times" I have!

Mon thru Thurs(7am-6pm) at work.

Rest of the week at home.

at school! (work I guess, does school count as work when you're a grad student?)

but I must admit I spend more time reading the pre-allo and em forums, man, they're entertaining!

Whenever I find a free moment to jump onto my laptop... mostly at home, once in awhile at work during a break... :)

at school! (work I guess, does school count as work when you're a grad student?)

but I must admit I spend more time reading the pre-allo and em forums, man, they're entertaining!
Before I started posting in the vet forums, I always posted in the pre-allo. I just mostly read now b/c they are entertaining.

oh and I am mostly on sdn when I am at home, but alot at school between classes in the library.

Ya, same here. I am usually in my dorm room, library or a computer lab in one of the buildings on campus. I always wonder when I am at a public computer if someone will walk by computer that is a part of sdn and will recognize what it is. :)

Ya, same here. I am usually in my dorm room, library or a computer lab in one of the buildings on campus. I always wonder when I am at a public computer if someone will walk by computer that is a part of sdn and will recognize what it is. :)
Me too!!:D

Yay for overnight shifts! Although SDN gets very boring at 4 AM :( I am in the barn right now getting antsy to do 2 AM treatments and staring at a sick foal on a webcam. Fun fun!

I would say I usually check SDN at home at night and also during down time at work. During the crazy-time (waiting to hear about interview invites, etc.) I totally checked it CONSTANTLY, even upgraded to an internet cell phone plan.

When I find a free moment to read SDN at home. Sometimes I use my Sidekick to surf on SDN when I'm on the train to go to University. :)