Where are you when you're on SDN?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Where are you when you're on SDN?

  • At work

    Votes: 20 28.2%
  • In class

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • On break

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • At home

    Votes: 58 81.7%
  • Other- please specify

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    71

DollyyLlama

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm curious, since the forums are active at all hours of the day and night. So.. are you posting when you should be working/ paying attention? When you can't sleep? Compulsively, when you have three minutes to kill? When you're at the dinner table, and your spouse is trying to converse with you?

I check the forums during the day, since I only work part-time, and with my last email check before bed.
 
I'm on a bit at work, mostly during lunch and not for long (and not every day). Otherwise... odds are, if I'm at home... here I am. For example, I just finished studying for my test tomorrow and I'm off to bed. Or, I would be, but I have to answer a poll on SDN first. 🙄

Too bad I can't get paid for my time on here! It's like wishing my Neopoints were real money - ain't gonna happen. Wait, is my nerd showing again? Neopets is kewl! :meanie:
 
Account Type: Millionaire Double Platinum
Current Balance: 2,693,520 NP
Interest Rate: 10.0% per year
Yearly Interest: 269,352 NP

Real money -would- be nice. :c

In regards to the OP's question... I have a horrible sleep schedule, so it's pretty likely for me to be awake at godawful times in the morning/night. And I lurk a lot more than I post. :laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At the lab or at home, that's all! I should just have answered "home" in reality because honestly the lab is more like where I live than my house is...


You took the words right out of my mouth 😀

I check SDN during the many "incubation times" I have!
 
at school! (work I guess, does school count as work when you're a grad student?)

but I must admit I spend more time reading the pre-allo and em forums, man, they're entertaining!
 
Whenever I find a free moment to jump onto my laptop... mostly at home, once in awhile at work during a break... 🙂
 
at school! (work I guess, does school count as work when you're a grad student?)

but I must admit I spend more time reading the pre-allo and em forums, man, they're entertaining!
Before I started posting in the vet forums, I always posted in the pre-allo. I just mostly read now b/c they are entertaining.

oh and I am mostly on sdn when I am at home, but alot at school between classes in the library.
 
Ya, same here. I am usually in my dorm room, library or a computer lab in one of the buildings on campus. I always wonder when I am at a public computer if someone will walk by computer that is a part of sdn and will recognize what it is. 🙂
 
Ya, same here. I am usually in my dorm room, library or a computer lab in one of the buildings on campus. I always wonder when I am at a public computer if someone will walk by computer that is a part of sdn and will recognize what it is. 🙂
Me too!!😀
 
Yay for overnight shifts! Although SDN gets very boring at 4 AM 🙁 I am in the barn right now getting antsy to do 2 AM treatments and staring at a sick foal on a webcam. Fun fun!

I would say I usually check SDN at home at night and also during down time at work. During the crazy-time (waiting to hear about interview invites, etc.) I totally checked it CONSTANTLY, even upgraded to an internet cell phone plan.
 
When I find a free moment to read SDN at home. Sometimes I use my Sidekick to surf on SDN when I'm on the train to go to University. 🙂