Where can high school students volunteer?

Started by nysegop
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nysegop

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know it's been asked millions of time, but where can a high school student volunteer? What are some other activities high school students can do after school or during the summer? I really haven't figured anything out yet.
 
Volunteer at a hospital. Shadow doctors. Ask doctors if you can help research with them, etc...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Goodwill
salvation army
soup kitchen
Animal shelter
blood drives
hospitals
YMCA
Church
Mosques*
Relay for life
Basically any type of fundraiser
The military
Big brother/sister
Suicide hotlines
Women's shelters (girls only I believe)
Firefighters
Neighborhood watch
Safety patrol

And that's just off the top of my head, not everything on an app has to be medically related.



* I have not nor have I heard of anyone volunteering at a mosque. However, I assume it's possible.