SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Where can I buy Berkley Guide for the optometry boards?

Discussion in 'Optometry' started by chury, Dec 31, 2001.

1. chury

chury Member 10+ Year Member

Dec 24, 1999
    Da Bronx
    Hi,

I am an optometry student in Qeensland, Australia (US citizen). I would appreciate if you could let me know where to buy books for the board exam step 1. I heard that Berkley Guide is good for the first exam but I have no idea where to buy it. If anybody wants to sell yours to me please let me know, or just tell me where can I get it.

Thanks a lot

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. UWSO2003

UWSO2003 Member 7+ Year Member

Nov 25, 2001
    Hi,

I bought mine through AOSA (American Optometric Student Assoc.). If you don't have a membership, then I suppose you can contact the UC Berkley School of Optometry. The Berkley Guide was made by the OD Students at their school of optom.

Good luck.

4. chury

chury Member 10+ Year Member

Dec 24, 1999
    Da Bronx
    how do you best study for step 1 and which books would you recommend?

5. UWSO2003

UWSO2003 Member 7+ Year Member

Nov 25, 2001
    Hi,

Well I don't think I am writing the American Boards, but I can tell you what some of my classmates did (they all passed).

Basically just study from your notes and the Berkley guide. Part 1 isn't all that difficult, and your professors and the guide should cover all the bases. Just try to make sure you give yourself enough time to review :)

Good luck!