Where can I find an example of the on-screen NAPLEX calculator?

Discussion in 'Pharmacy' started by Son_Goku, Sep 4, 2017.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Son_Goku

Son_Goku 2+ Year Member

Apr 7, 2015
    I will be requesting a basic 4-function calculator just to make life easier but for the odd math problem that requires some scientific usage, I need to know how to use the on-screen calculator.

Does anyone know where I can find something similar to the on-screen calculator to get a feel for it?

Thanks.

Edit: My bad, I forgot there was a NAPLEX section. You can delete this if you'd like.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. PharmDBro2017

PharmDBro2017

Dec 1, 2015
    I didn't have a single kinetics problem, and maybe had two CrCl problems.

Overall they were proportions and simple adding/subtracting. It doesn't matter what the calculator is like with simple math like that, just take your time and double check you punched the right buttons.

lord999 likes this.
  4. Amicable Angora

Amicable Angora Lagomorpha 2+ Year Member

Oct 5, 2012
    You are not going to be required to calculate complicated kinetics like vancomycin or aminoglycosides. There simply isn't the time for it, and even if I did get a question like that (you absolutely will not), I would just take the hit to not waste time.

lord999 likes this.
  5. Abby Atwood

Abby Atwood

Jan 4, 2017
    I think the on screen calculator has the same configuration as a TI-84. I don't really remember. I also didn't have any kinetics questions.