Where can I get 3D-printed aligners for research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

justadentaldude

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone!

I'm a current dental student and am doing research this summer. I want to compare 3D-printed aligners to thermoform aligners. I was hoping someone here could help me find a way to get a few 3D-printed aligners. I am working with an orthodontist who has a SprintRay 3D printer but does not yet have the resin to print the aligners.

Does anyone know where I could purchase either the resin to print the aligners myself or if there is anywhere I could just purchase the 3D-printed aligners from?

Thank you all!
 
Your best shot is to contact the company, give them a proposal, and ask them to print the amount you need + 20% more, in case you made mistake during experiment and wasted few of them.
 
Hello everyone!

I'm a current dental student and am doing research this summer. I want to compare 3D-printed aligners to thermoform aligners. I was hoping someone here could help me find a way to get a few 3D-printed aligners. I am working with an orthodontist who has a SprintRay 3D printer but does not yet have the resin to print the aligners.

Does anyone know where I could purchase either the resin to print the aligners myself or if there is anywhere I could just purchase the 3D-printed aligners from?

Thank you all!

Are you talking about directly printed/fabricated aligners or indirectly fabricated aligners?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there FDA cleared resins for direct print aligners?
Yes
2023-24 many resins approved by FDA for clinical use. Resins for definitive crowns, aligners, denture base ...
Detax, and Desktop Health are pioneers.