Where can I get a white coat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EagerToBeMD

Medical Student
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm shadowing next week and they told me to bring a white coat. I don't know where to even begin to look for one because I thought only people in med school wear them. Where can I find an affordable one that I don't have to order?

Members don't see this ad.

They usually have them at uniform supply stores and you can find pretty affordable ones.

You can also try your university's bookstore, ours carries a lot of the lab supplies including lab coats.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have one for teaching A&P. Bought it at one of those stores in the mall that sells scrubs.

i just steal them from doctors

I know this might be a bit specific, but if you go to a medical supply place or a medical bookstore to get one, go ahead and get a short one. That way you can use it once you're in medical school [unless you're attend one of the few med schools where the med students where long coats].

As other's have said...medical uniform supply stores. I was surprised to find that there's one in my local mall. If you have a large local hospital they might even have a little store where you can buy them along with scrubs, stethoscopes, etc.