Where did you match??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
Program Highlights
Specialty Competitiveness

The results of the Match are closely watched because they can be predictors of future physician workforce supply. There also is significant interest in the competitiveness of specialties, as measured by the percentage of positions filled overall and the percentage filled by senior students in U.S. allopathic medical schools.

• Specialties with more than 30 positions that filled all available positions were Integrated Interventional Radiology (categorical and advanced), Otolaryngology, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (categorical), Integrated Plastic Surgery, Surgery (Categorical), and Thoracic Surgery.
  • Specialties with more than 30 positions that filled more than 90 percent with U.S. allopathic seniors were Integrated Plastic Surgery (91.9%), Neurological Surgery (91.8%), Orthopedic Surgery (91.8%), Otolaryngology (93.9%), and Thoracic Surgery (91.9%).
  • Specialties with more than 30 positions that filled less than 45 percent with U.S. allopathic seniors were Family Medicine (39.0%), Internal Medicine (categorical) (41.5%), Pathology (33.4%), Pediatrics – Primary (40.0%), and Surgery – Preliminary (23.9),

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Well, I’ll say that I matched at my #1 and am really excited! Interested in everything, at least right now, which has me slightly worried about developing a career path. Still, I’m happy that my program is well-rounded and will hopefully give me some good training and flexibility. Any recommendations for how best to make use of PGY-1?