Where do I go from here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Facepalm. Let me try this again.

DON'T SETTLE FOR A LOW MCAT JUST BECAUSE YOU THINK YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH IT. Getting into med school is not the only important part of med school.

I am not publishing a study on outcomes. I am trying to coach premeds to make rational choices and avoid bad consequences. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND why people are so damn defensive about their 24's and their 26's. The MCAT is not a burrito punch card.
Sorry, but I'm not one of your interns you get to shout to. Bolding and caps lock doesn't make your argument valid here.

The point is OP wants to be a DO and has had interviews. If we go by your studies you post without reading, OP will be fine with boards because bio section is the greater predictor. If we go by your last link, OP needs a 34 to average 30. This is ridiculous to expect. Most people are not like you willing to waste years to get into MD and over paying for an SMP because they don't want their letters to read DO.

Any sensible person knows you don't help pre-meds but instead put down their mcat and try to force them into your north by northwest path.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Never said a thing about getting a 34, never said a thing about MCATs being averaged, not a practicing physician, no idea how this turned personal, still really confused about the whole low MCAT pride movement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Reactions: 1 user
Never said a thing about getting a 34, never said a thing about MCATs being averaged, not a practicing physician, no idea how this turned personal, still really confused about the whole low MCAT pride movement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
When you attack people's mcat and you imply they are complacent, you are making it personal. There's another way to say things if you want them to improve.

Edit: I apologize. I went too personal there. I edited the comment to retract that.

Last edited:
I studied ~30 hours for the MCAT and got a 29. I could have done a lot better if I waited, but I didn't want to apply late. I got into two good MD programs and interviews at every DO one I applied to. Why would I wait a year to smoke the MCAT on a chance I get into a better MD school? The people getting into my school as OOSers like me have a 35 average. Someone on the internet is mad about that? IDGAF.

Serenade, if you had 4 interviews I'd say that's your issue. I'd honestly worry about social skills of my peers more than I would their MCAT or Step 1 scores. But hey, that's just me. We all have different priorities.

Reactions: 1 user