• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Where do I list this in AADSAS

eddiescott

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2004
    I have a question.

I am a CPA and a non-trad student. Just went back to school to finish up pre-reqs and I was wondering - when I apply in May to AADSAS, where will I put that I am a CPA. And where will I list that I have my masters degree.

Are there questions as to what degrees we have and certifications if any???

Thanks !

Congrats everyone that got in this yr. Hard work pays off. :D

crazy_sherm

å♪▼æ╬‼▄·
    15+ Year Member
    Jul 18, 2004
    San Francisco
    1. Dentist
      There is a section that asks for graduate degrees and for listing graduate coursework. You should try creating an application for this cycle to familiaze yourself with the process. The app doesn't change too much each year, though i hear you no longer have to use the AADSAS course codes in the 2006 cycle.

eddiescott

Membership Revoked
      Removed
      10+ Year Member
      Nov 25, 2004
        crazy_sherm said:
        There is a section that asks for graduate degrees and for listing graduate coursework. You should try creating an application for this cycle to familiaze yourself with the process. The app doesn't change too much each year, though i hear you no longer have to use the AADSAS course codes in the 2006 cycle.

Hey thats a great idea.

Let me ask you one more thing... What do you think about studying for the DAT while taking organic chem 2.

Is it possible??? :thumbup:

About the Ads

spc213

SDN Donor
        10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Army
        Jan 12, 2005
        Georgia
        1. Dentist
          You will have the opportunity to list all of your graduate course work, and AADSAS will compute a separate Grad GPA and Cumulative GPA in addition to your undergrad GPA.

If you think it's relevant or helpful, you can include your CPA in your essay.

I took the DAT after only 1 semester of ORG (and it showed), but if you have Org II well under way it shouldn't be a problem. If you choose to take it before finishing ORGII, use the other resources mentioned in the other threads to make up any study gaps.

If you have the time, wait to finish the course. I didn't take the DAT until AUG, and it worked out fine.

dexadental

1K Member
          10+ Year Member
          5+ Year Member
          Nov 13, 2004
          Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
          1. Dental Student
            Im doing that, taking orgo 2 and doing the DAT in May (applying for 2006 cycle)...I think it will help taking the class along with the DAT right after, as you'll keep up to date on all the theory and concepts that seem to apply to the second half of orgo. Plus, on my diagnostic kaplan tests, alot of the material in early orgo 2, stuff we're doing now, seems to be popping up.

eddiescott

Membership Revoked
            Removed
            10+ Year Member
            Nov 25, 2004
              dexadental said:
              Im doing that, taking orgo 2 and doing the DAT in May (applying for 2006 cycle)...I think it will help taking the class along with the DAT right after, as you'll keep up to date on all the theory and concepts that seem to apply to the second half of orgo. Plus, on my diagnostic kaplan tests, alot of the material in early orgo 2, stuff we're doing now, seems to be popping up.

Great.

Were doing ortho meta para, and NMR right now. NMR looks like it is a beast !!!

Thinking about starting kaplan after my first test.

I got an A in org 1 so I dont want to f#$% up org 2 if you get my drift !!!

I wonder, how good does it look to get A's in organic chem ????

takingyearoff?

10+ Year Member
              5+ Year Member
                eddiescott said:
                Great.

Were doing ortho meta para, and NMR right now. NMR looks like it is a beast !!!

Thinking about starting kaplan after my first test.

I got an A in org 1 so I dont want to f#$% up org 2 if you get my drift !!!

I wonder, how good does it look to get A's in organic chem ????

NMR didn't even show up on my DAT more than once so its not too important. Good luck! Hopefully the A's will help you, no interviewers mentioned mine though. :cool:

About the Ads
                This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                7. This thread is locked.