Where do I stand?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Daneosaurus

D4
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
3.54 oGPA, 3.35 sGPA
19AA/19TS/19PAT
~80 hours shadowing
Nontrad, married, military veteran with kids. Near full time employee, full time student (will graduate in 3.5 years from when I started).
No volunteer
No research

Chance me, please?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You have a good chance of being admitted somewhere

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you sure that you have zero volunteer work? Really think back.. Some things that you've done, you may not have considered volunteer work because you enjoyed doing them!

Reactions: 1 user
Are you sure that you have zero volunteer work? Really think back.. Some things that you've done, you may not have considered volunteer work because you enjoyed doing them!
Seriously, I have none.

As I've commented before on some of your posts, I think you should be fine with 0 volunteering considering you are a military veteran, which is a much larger and commendable sacrifice than any other "volunteering". Schools will note that you are a veteran, a man with a family, and a full time employee and student. I think you have a great chance this cycle, good luck.

Reactions: 2 users
A friend of mine worked during college and took a little longer to graduate because of it (I think she had similar stats), and she's now graduating dental school with honors. I think you have a good chance.

They said it was my sGPA
I was surprised when Nova gave me an interview already without my LORs being in yet and my sGPA is lower than yours. You still have a good chance of getting accepted to a school. Good luck! :)

They said it was my sGPA
My science GPA is lowers than yours and I also got an interview. It's the volunteer hours. I know the dean and some of the faculty there. They do care about volunteer hours.

I agree with shyfox9p, Volunteering experience is important. My sGPA and oGPA are both lower than yours and I've gotten interviews so far (including nova). I've talked to many schools and most schools consider volunteering an important factor when reviewing an application.

Best of luck.