Where do podiatrists live?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Arijos0222

"The Opportune Moment"
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there locations where podiatrists usually flock to?

I would like to think that since the amount of podiatrists are nowhere near the amount of MD/DO's, does this mean that podiatrists can basically practice anywhere in the USA without fear of oversaturation?

What if I wanted to practice in San Diego? How about near Barry University? Or Tampa? Maybe even Dallas?

Would those areas be saturated for DPM's or no?

Members don't see this ad.

Are there locations where podiatrists usually flock to?

I would like to think that since the amount of podiatrists are nowhere near the amount of MD/DO's, does this mean that podiatrists can basically practice anywhere in the USA without fear of oversaturation?

What if I wanted to practice in San Diego? How about near Barry University? Or Tampa? Maybe even Dallas?

Would those areas be saturated for DPM's or no?

Areas around schools are typically saturated.

There is probably a rural podiatry crisis that no one talks about, because it would be extremely difficult to make a good living in rural areas as a pod.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SDN Mobile

It depends how rural the location is. I live in an area that is partially farmland and suburbs but the area feels more rural. Anyway the one podiatrist who lives there makes some good money. I've shadowed him for a bit and he is completely swamped with patients. My area also contains a lot of older people so that probably helps too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Areas around schools are typically saturated.

There is probably a rural podiatry crisis that no one talks about, because it would be extremely difficult to make a good living in rural areas as a pod.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SDN Mobile

What schools? Colleges? High Schools? Middle Schools? Big state universities?