Where do you want to go to college?

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Masspremed

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I was wondering, where you guys want to go to college, and what you want to major in.
My top 10 list (all with a biology major)

Duke (Reach School)
Princeton
Boston College
Pepperdine ( probably to poor :laugh:)
Northeastern
UNC Chapel Hill
UCONN
John Hopkins (another reach)
Georgetown
Stanford

So yeah! I was wondering where all you fine folks want to go. Duke is defiantly my reach/dream school. And, I would love to go to school in Boston.
 
Last edited:
Why is Duke a reach school, but not Princeton? It's a lot harder to get into Princeton than Duke.


Oh and my top 10s are, which isnt actually 10 are: (in order of highest acceptance rate to lowest) and btw i will also be applying to state and safety schools.
Wesleyan
USC
John Hopkins
Cornell
Northwestern
Amherst
Duke - reach
Princeton - reachy reach school



I'm not sure what I'm going to major in, good thing I'm not a senior! I'm thinking either meteorology, nutrition, sports med, or bio.
My dream school? I have no idea really. My dream school is Duke or Wesleyan or Vanderbilt. Probably duke because its so close to where I live.
 
Last edited:
Yeahhh, Duke, Princeton, Georgetown, and Stanford are reaches for even the most qualified applicants.

As for your question, I'm already committed to a college 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I had a million dollars and the best stats I would go to Johns Hopkins. I don't have either so I will stick with UVM.

1. I don't need pay (Parents are faculty members)
2. I've already talked to some of the medical school faculty and ugrad students about undergraduate neuroscience research.
3. Free tutoring (from parents)
4. Connected medical school. Undergraduates are guaranteed an interview at UVMCOM.
5. Close to home. If I get sick of my roommate I can just go home for a couple of days.
6. I'd argue that it's the quality of education at a nice top tier school for the admissions standards of a lower tier school (though the new president is trying to decrease enrollment and make the school more prestigious by making admissions harder).

I better get in while I still can!


Other schools I'm thinking about applying to:

-University of Arizona
-University of Iowa
-University of Utah
-Florida State University
-Arizona State University
-Indiana University -- Bloomington
-Mercer
-Miami University
-Umass -- Amherst
 
Anywhere in North Carolina is A-OK with me. GO IN-STATE! 👍

👍

I actually live in the Carolinas (not disclosing which one for privacy), but I'd rather get out of the south. I am very liberal and I'm surrounded by bible belt conservatives :scared::scared::scared:
 
👍

I actually live in the Carolinas (not disclosing which one for privacy), but I'd rather get out of the south. I am very liberal and I'm surrounded by bible belt conservatives :scared::scared::scared:

Kinda figured you lived somewhere near the Carolinas after you mentioned Duke 😀 Probably should consider taking my hometown out of my info :laugh:

And trust me. I know EXACTLY what you mean! I'm surrounded by plenty of them as well! The only reason why i want to stay in NC is simply because I'm such a home body!

But hey, HIGH FIVE FOR THE CAROLINA PEEPS!! :highfive:
 
👍

I actually live in the Carolinas (not disclosing which one for privacy), but I'd rather get out of the south. I am very liberal and I'm surrounded by bible belt conservatives :scared::scared::scared:

I don't give two turds about privacy. I live right in Burlington VT. Wanna come over? We could go on a hot date!
 
I don't give two turds about privacy. I live right in Burlington VT. Wanna come over? We could go on a hot date!

that's until you realize you're talking to this girl

overly-attached-girlfriend-meme-reads-emails.jpg
 
I'll be happy if I even get into college at this point. I would like to go to Penn State or Virginia Tech though.
 
Btw, to the OP: if you're going to apply to all those schools, I would suggest starting on the common app as soon as possible(assuming you're a junior?) A bunch of those have REALLY long supplements. I applied to Stanford on a whim- huge mistake. The supplement is insanely long. :/ It was kind of fun, but I definitely wish I had given myself more time to finish all of my applications.