Where does the stethoscope go?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
DrNinja, you're wearing your stethescope around your neck right now!! Just look at your Avitar.

BTW I prefer the consultant look and posture.

Members don't see this ad.

31952ef0.jpg

Simply drop your unfolded stethoscope into the patented pocket and :
*Eliminate neck pain and rashes!
*Eliminate tubing replacement!
*Eliminate loss and aggravation!

You forgot a few:

*Eliminate your self-respect
*Eliminate all hope for nailing that hot nursing student
*Eliminate any notion that you, the turquoise-colored-elastic-waistband-scrub-pants resident, may yet be heterosexual

You forgot a few:

*Eliminate your self-respect
*Eliminate all hope for nailing that hot nursing student
*Eliminate any notion that you, the turquoise-colored-elastic-waistband-scrub-pants resident, may yet be heterosexual

Regarding the above post-- please remember that we do have LGBTQQI colleagues and patients, and to catch think before making homophobic comments. while i may not be able to relate to them directly, I know we can all relate to times when humorous comments have made us feel alienated. I'm sure the poster had good intentions, so it's just an opportunity to be introspective about that having slipped out. ;)

Regarding the above post-- please remember that we do have LGBTQQI colleagues and patients, and to catch think before making homophobic comments. while i may not be able to relate to them directly, I know we can all relate to times when humorous comments have made us feel alienated. I'm sure the poster had good intentions, so it's just an opportunity to be introspective about that having slipped out. ;)

Plus, didn't calling people "gay" stop being funny sometime around eighth grade? ;)

Before this becomes larger than it needs to be:

The final line in my post was an extension of the previous statement regarding a man's sexual activities with females. As a heterosexual man, if I were indeed seeking relations with a female nurse, I would very much be interested in maintaining an air of heterosexuality in her presence. I don't think that is insulting to those that do not practice a strictly heterosexual lifestyle. I certainly hope no one inferred that I equate a lack of self-respect with homosexual behavior or practices.

Unfortunately, as Dr. Cox pointed out, I was mistaken regarding the gender of the model. On further inspection, the fingernails clearly indicate a female. I can't comment on the arms, what with the current preference of my younger male colleagues to shave beyond the confines of their face and neck.

Why do I feel so dirty now?

My stethescope ends up in some mysterious black hole with the socks in the laundry.

I'm on number 4

So, no one uses one of these hot little bags for all of their equiptment-toting needs?
student-bag-large.jpg

If you had to tote around a big-ass reflex hammer, a tuning fork, a picture of objects to name, a Snellen rod, an eye chart, an ophthalmoscope, safety pins, cotton swabs, etc... you'd carry around the dorky doctor purse thingy too. Except this one attending I know who has a suitcase on wheels.

As for the stethoscope, it takes too long to take a folded up, kinked stethoscope out of your pocket when you're rounding, and it fills up your entire pocket. Then there's what happens when you sit down with the stethscope in your pocket in a chair with arms, and try to get up, and find that you are stuck to the chair by your pockets. And I find the "full necklace" and the "traditional" neck positions to be very uncomfortable. Maybe my neck is too big. I usually just drape it around my neck, and not even pretend to be trying to look cool.

Hey guys.........what's a stethoscope?

I shadowed a surgeon at the local hospital near my undergrad. The scrubs they had there had one huge "cargo" type pocket at ~knee level on the right leg. Not at all lame looking like the picture above, and I noticed that all the residents had their stethoscope and other random stuff in that pocket.

Also, about the temp issue, trauma surgeons at this hospital spend all their time in "workshirts" (the sweatshirts that Fire-EMS people wear). They have Dr ________, Dept of Surgery embroydered on the right side (right below a big pocket that is almost bottomless), the hospital's logo on the left side, and "TRAUMA" on the back in big letters. Quite bad ___ is you ask me.

Yeah uniforms can do that. Our entire Emergency Dept. wears the same shade of blue scrubs with hospial logo and name sewn on it. I had to pause the first time I walked in and saw everyone wearing it, including the nurses, techs, admin staff and orderlies. Only issue: It's sky blue. Yuck!

Btw, sent some people this thread as a link and now they're all walking around with the steths in their hands because the can't decide which way is best. You have to laugh at these people.

Before this becomes larger than it needs to be:

The final line in my post was an extension of the previous statement regarding a man's sexual activities with females. As a heterosexual man, if I were indeed seeking relations with a female nurse, I would very much be interested in maintaining an air of heterosexuality in her presence. I don't think that is insulting to those that do not practice a strictly heterosexual lifestyle. I certainly hope no one inferred that I equate a lack of self-respect with homosexual behavior or practices.

Unfortunately, as Dr. Cox pointed out, I was mistaken regarding the gender of the model. On further inspection, the fingernails clearly indicate a female. I can't comment on the arms, what with the current preference of my younger male colleagues to shave beyond the confines of their face and neck.

Why do I feel so dirty now?

....plus it was ****ing hilarious.