Where Else Have you been Interviewed/Accepted Question.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

libertyyne

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The other schools question comes up during interviews. Any ideas on how to handle if this comes up and you have already been accepted at another school?
Am I supposed to disclose the school or just give a generic medical school applications are competitive and I have applied to schools to increase the liklihood of matriculation. Your school is on the top of my list.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd probably just tell them the truth and how grateful I was to be even sitting in that chair talking to them right then.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not sure about this but I don't think they are allowed to ask you about the other specific schools you have applied to during an interview, but i could be wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I was asked this a lot. Any ad-coms want to chime in on a good way to respond?

Reactions: 1 users
I'm not sure about this but I don't think they are allowed to ask you about the other specific schools you have applied to during an interview, but i could be wrong.
Although it is in poor taste to ask about other interviews/acceptances, it is not illegal/against AMCAS rules.

Reactions: 1 users
Although it is in poor taste to ask about other interviews/acceptances, it is not illegal/against AMCAS rules.
Any suggestions on how to answer this question while being professional and garnering favor?

Any suggestions on how to answer this question while being professional and garnering favor?
It would depend on the dynamic during which it is asked. A broad generalization might be sufficient. Something like, "I've have a fair amount of success already, but I'm hopeful that this is where I'll end up."
It's really pointless because whether accepted or not, the school will eventually see where you are holding acceptances. It's just a sign of an inexpert interviewer.

Reactions: 2 users
It would depend on the dynamic during which it is asked. A broad generalization might be sufficient. Something like, "I've have a fair amount of success already, but I'm hopeful that this is where I'll end up."
It's really pointless because whether accepted or not, the school will eventually see where you are holding acceptances. It's really just a sign of an inexpert interviewer.
Thank you. This is excellent advice.

I interviewed at UT Southwestern and was asked this at my interview. I hesitated when he asked if I have been accepted anywhere. He wrote the schools' name down :/

Just tell the truth.

The other schools question comes up during interviews. Any ideas on how to handle if this comes up and you have already been accepted at another school?
Am I supposed to disclose the school or just give a generic medical school applications are competitive and I have applied to schools to increase the liklihood of matriculation. Your school is on the top of my list.

Reactions: 1 user