Where else to apply to? (Texas resident)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bunionberry

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a 3.86 cumulative GPA and 3.8 sGPA. 31Q on MCAT. Been involved with a chemistry research group since March (200+ hours so far) and have been helping another professor with a research project that visualizes hospitalization data. I'm a computer science student and haven't done a whole lot of clinical experience since high school, which I mentioned a lot in my personal statement. I've applied everywhere except TCOM in Texas and want some suggestions on where else to apply, or if I should even bother.

I seriously don't care where I end up in medical school (US only >.>). North Dakota, Alaska, the tip of Maine...it don't matta. Ideally, tuition would be as low as possible but I have yet to find a med school that's remotely near the tuition I'd be paying for in-state.

Thanks!
 
I have a 3.86 cumulative GPA and 3.8 sGPA. 31Q on MCAT. Been involved with a chemistry research group since March (200+ hours so far) and have been helping another professor with a research project that visualizes hospitalization data. I'm a computer science student and haven't done a whole lot of clinical experience since high school, which I mentioned a lot in my personal statement. I've applied everywhere except TCOM in Texas and want some suggestions on where else to apply, or if I should even bother.

I seriously don't care where I end up in medical school (US only >.>). North Dakota, Alaska, the tip of Maine...it don't matta. Ideally, tuition would be as low as possible but I have yet to find a med school that's remotely near the tuition I'd be paying for in-state.

Thanks!

You're golden in TX. If geography is not super important to you but low tuition is -- why would you even consider anywhere else? TX schools need to fill 90% of their class with Texas residents. Assuming you're not 'personality-deficient' (which would be just as problematic OOS as IS) you really should end up with a spot.