where is baylor's secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drago

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
can someone provide this link. i went to baylor's homepage and i couldn't find it. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

https://public2.bcm.tmc.edu/as/msapp2002/login/login.cfm

I think there was some easier way I was supposed to do a link, but we'll see if that works. While we're on it, what have you heard about this school with regard to curriculum, quality of life, happiness of students, etc?

i went to the link, but my amcas id and password give an invalied password response. what are we supposed to use as our password?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry, drago, my fault. This should work.

https://public2.bcm.tmc.edu/admissions/bcm-mdadmission2.html

Then you create your own password from the "create ID" page.

grasshopper, I'll be starting at Baylor in three weeks, so feel free to send me a private message or email if you have some specific questions regarding the school.

Curriculum is one of the strong points of the school -- 1.5 years for basic sciences instead the standard 2 years. This allows you start clinical rotations earlier, to take time off to study for the boards, take extra rotations, do research, schedule extra vacation time, etc. They are also slightly changing the 1st year curriculum, starting this year. The last I heard is that they are making it more organ-based, and the first two blocks will be P/F, but I will hopefully know more once I start.

Student happiness/satisfaction tends to be very high. The administration seems to be very accomodating and attentive to student input, and there seems to be a strong sense of community within the school.

Quality of life -- Houston is not the greatest city in the world. I think I can manage, but it definitely is not a place for everyone. However, the Texas Medical Center is amazing, and I'm looking forward the experience there.