Where is everyone from???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Where do you call home??

• Northeast

Votes: 49 23.4%
  • South

Votes: 56 26.8%
  • Midwest

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • West of Rockies

Votes: 51 24.4%

• Total voters
funny...west wasnt enough, it had to be west of rockies

Members don't see this ad.

Mississippi since the fourth grade.... nothing like wearing silk, heels, and pearls to football games :rolleyes:

nightowl said:
Mississippi since the fourth grade.... nothing like wearing silk, heels, and pearls to football games :rolleyes:

I'm guessing you're female...or else Mississippi football isn't quite what I expected.

Members don't see this ad :)
Slowly moving to warmer climates :)
First 18 years in the frozen tundra of North Dakota
College in Kansas
Now working in Houston, TX

jbone said:
Pretty white but It's really changing fast. Is Cali really part of Mexico? I was just noticing during my visits to LA. Nice question. :rolleyes: But I get your point. :thumbup:

Yeah pretty much! If you dont know spanish you better not go to certain parts of town. But the same goes if you do not know chinese or korean too.

I think that out of all the ethnicities in Los Angeles, the Japanese are the most assimilated (only b/c they have been around for a long).

But yeah, much of LA is turning into a local foreign country.

karirunner said:
Slowly moving to warmer climates :)
First 18 years in the frozen tundra of North Dakota
College in Kansas
Now working in Houston, TX

Where in houston? Be specific

holy even geographical distribution, batman! :eek:

sunny Miami, :love:

baylormed said:
The best state ever:
TEXAS :love:
I would have SO much more respect for your state if you people had not spawned GW Bush.

born in washington, dc, raised in oklahoma, college in arkansas, grad school in texas, and now oregon is my adopted home. if only ohsu would give me a chance to stay here.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from Upstate New York (yes, there is a state attached to the city :cool: )

exlawgrrl said:
oh, they've committed many other sins, too. my motto is that life's too short to live in texas. :)

While we are playfully bashing Texas, I got one:
If I owned property in Texas and in hell....I'd rent out Texas and live in hell.

PM all your threats as a result of this comment to Floptomist and Exlawgrrrl as they started cracking on Texas first. :D

Flopotomist said:
I would have SO much more respect for your state if you people had not spawned GW Bush.
Isn't he really from the East Coast? Either way, blahhhh.

Austin is sweet. But life is too short to live in Dallas. I did for 4 years. Blahhhh.

gdbaby said:

Austin is sweet. But life is too short to live in Dallas. I did for 4 years. Blahhhh.
I thought he was born in New Haven, went to the finest boarding schools in New England, attended Yale, & got his MBA from Harvard.
Wait, I mean, he's a true Texan. I wouldn't want to piss off Texans because they like guns and scare me ****less.

*sings* I'm from the South; I'm a southern girl.

Born in Dallas, school in Houston and I apparently I'm staying here for med-school. For some reason, Texas has a way of sucking people in and never letting them go. It's the only place where people consider traveling abroad going to a different state.

Flopotomist said:
I know, I know **hangs head in shame**

desiredusername said:
I thought he was born in New Haven, went to the finest boarding schools in New England, attended Yale, & got his MBA from Harvard.
Wait, I mean, he's a true Texan. I wouldn't want to piss off Texans because they like guns and scare me ****less.
You haven't met people who love guns and would scare you ****less until you visit Leadville, CO. Crazies there, man.

Most Texans are actually very nice, so long as you don't talk politics, religion, foriegn affairs, grammar, immigration, Oklahoma, or energy conservation. But that goes for most people, doesn't it?

LadyJubilee8_18 said:
For some reason, Texas has a way of sucking people in and never letting them go. It's the only place where people consider traveling abroad going to a different state.
Well as Lyle Lovett sings, "That's right, you're not from Texas, but Texas wants you anyway."

churchill-downs.jpg

BrettBatchelor said:
Oooo you lucky dog. That's a pretty part of the country.

Nikki2002 said:
Where are all the Ohio peoples? I know your fingers are cold and you can barely type, but you gotta represent!

Born and raised in Toledo. :sleep:

Living in Cleveland now.

Moving to Athens in July?

Born and raised on maui
Undergrad in seattle

RayhanS1282 said:
While we are playfully bashing Texas, I got one:
If I owned property in Texas and in hell....I'd rent out Texas and live in hell.

PM all your threats as a result of this comment to Floptomist and Exlawgrrrl as they started cracking on Texas first. :D

I love that one! Come on, Texans, bring it! Or content yourselves by eating your Texas shaped chips with some Texas shaped cheese, and then go visit your Texas shaped library.

The poll question actually makes this one difficult. I still call home the South, but I live in the Northeast, and probably will for the foreseeable future :(

riceman04 said:
Yeah pretty much! If you dont know spanish you better not go to certain parts of town. But the same goes if you do not know chinese or korean too.

I think that out of all the ethnicities in Los Angeles, the Japanese are the most assimilated (only b/c they have been around for a long).

But yeah, much of LA is turning into a local foreign country.
Nice. :thumbup:

Flopotomist said:

You should have a very high level respect for that person then because President George W. Bush was born in New Haven, CT...NOT Texas.

Edit: if you are using a less technical definition of the word "spawn," then please accept my apologies in advance.

Ho there,
Born in Virginia (hunt country) by way of Manchester, England (United Kingdom of Great Britain) and Ocho Rios, Jamaica.
njbmd :)

gdbaby said:

Austin's the best Texas has got, but I still wasn't impressed. It's so hot, not pretty and sort of unfriendly honestly. Portlanders are 20 times more friendly than people in Austin, and we're supposed to be in the oh so unfriendly north.

Yeah, W's a fake Texan as is his dad. I wonder how long he had to work on that accent until it stuck.

BrettBatchelor said:
BrettB,
Which HS did you attend in Louisville? I was a Saint X man myself, once upon a time....

odrade1 said:
BrettB,
Which HS did you attend in Louisville? I was a Saint X man myself, once upon a time....
HAHA....**** X Go TRINITY.

We beat you in state this year.

Brings back good ole rivalry thoughts.

BrettBatchelor said:
HAHA....**** X Go TRINITY.

We beat you in state this year.

Brings back good ole rivalry thoughts.
Yeah, I moved to Alabama, where college football is much more important than HS football, and there aren't any serious HS rivalries around here. (Actually, the kids from a couple of the redneck schools south of town seem to get in fights with one another a lot). I tried explaning how intense the Saint X/Trinity sporting traditions are to my friends here, but no one really believes me, despite the fact that Auburn and Alabama fans are among the most psychotically devoted in the country.

Freezing cold Michigan here! I thought for sure I would have found somebody from MI. Ok then I guess I'm the first. By the way, it' freezing!!!!!

BrettBatchelor said:
Remember whacko Tom Cruise went to St. X for a year.

Scoreboard
T=1 X=0
haha. Only been to Kentucky once, but it was beautiful.

Come on, north! We've got to pull ahead of the south!

pschmom1 said:
Freezing cold Michigan here! I thought for sure I would have found somebody from MI. Ok then I guess I'm the first. By the way, it' freezing!!!!!
No no, I won, you missed my earlier post :D

Anyways, I'm a Yooper, currently at MSU. And actually enjoying the cold (minus the 50% increase in gas prices, grrrrr), my skis are sharpened and waxed and ready for the weekend!

Oh yeah dahjimmers, I did see that. Sorry :D . I noticed your profile earlier tonight and I must say it is very impresive. I am a UofM lover myself, however I am attending the Flint location. I will be applying at Wayne State and that is my number one choice. :thumbup: Yeah, gas sucks!!!!!!

dajimmers said:
haha. Only been to Kentucky once, but it was beautiful.

Come on, north! We've got to pull ahead of the south!
I've been to Michigan twice. West Bloomfield area north of Detroit. Nice lakes. I heard many a tale about the UP.

Georgia....ready to get out of here though.

ivy91 said:
New York.

Undergrad in Cambridge/Boston.

Working back in New York.

New York for the rest of my life. :)

That's right Yankees fans - stay in New York where you belong, thank you very much!! :p

BrettBatchelor said:
Remember whacko Tom Cruise went to St. X for a year.

Scoreboard
T=1 X=0

Ha Ha! I'm not old enough to *actually* remember it, but one of my english teachers claimed to have met him when he was there.