• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Where should I aoply?

crazyboi1993

5+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2015
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
    MCAT is fine, dont retake. I think your science GPA is sort of low, if you can retake and get it up to a 3.2-3.3 youll have a better chance. But if you don't want to retake, def apply to KYCOM, since your a kentucky resident, they have instate bias. Apply to the newer schools like ACOM, except (CUSOM--> 3.2 cutoff GPA), BCOM. Also I think your extra curriculars are weak. DO schools like to see community service, helping the community, mission trips (not saying all, but a lot of them do).

About the Ads

tony101

2+ Year Member
    May 3, 2016
    1. Medical Student
      I know my EC's are weak but I currently work two jobs. I am also in a fraternity. I do not have much time.
      I would definitely think of dropping the fraternity. It really doesn't add anything to your Med school application and is a waste of time if these are the moments you have which will help you out a ton for med school. If you are doing it for the party aspect, I greatly suggest you reconsider the party vs med school aspect. If you are doing it to make your application look better, then I say you can use that time on so many other things that won't really have a negative connotation like fraternities might have.

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: 1 user
      About the Ads
      This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.