where should i apply

Started by producenj
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

producenj

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First everyone thanks for all your help earlier. I exhausted all the 123 programs with current openings and 234 programs with openings for next year and they're all full. I have no problem with completing my PGY-1 year in IM and am planning to apply for the match next year. These are my stats Step 1 218 or third try, Step 2 206 on first try, Great reccommendations, below avg deans letter (hopefully will get rewritten by different dean), fourth quartile from american allopathic med school, excellent CV with good research, and a year of IM under his belt at mid-road NYC area university program. Personally I'm partial to the south, but I want to stay in south or east coast. Where should I apply? What should be my reaches? mid-roads? safety? I am a 25 single male and want to take location into account. I am going to a residency fair this weekend too, but still need help looking. Also what programs are starting up new for next year (Iknow of Columbia/Cornell and LSU Shreveport) and are those good places to apply to? One more thing what should I include in my Personal Statement as key phrase PDs look for on why I changed. I know alot of questions for one thread, but I know nothing. Thanks again.