producenj

15+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Status (Visible)
First everyone thanks for all your help earlier. I exhausted all the 123 programs with current openings and 234 programs with openings for next year and they're all full. I have no problem with completing my PGY-1 year in IM and am planning to apply for the match next year. These are my stats Step 1 218 or third try, Step 2 206 on first try, Great reccommendations, below avg deans letter (hopefully will get rewritten by different dean), fourth quartile from american allopathic med school, excellent CV with good research, and a year of IM under his belt at mid-road NYC area university program. Personally I'm partial to the south, but I want to stay in south or east coast. Where should I apply? What should be my reaches? mid-roads? safety? I am a 25 single male and want to take location into account. I am going to a residency fair this weekend too, but still need help looking. Also what programs are starting up new for next year (Iknow of Columbia/Cornell and LSU Shreveport) and are those good places to apply to? One more thing what should I include in my Personal Statement as key phrase PDs look for on why I changed. I know alot of questions for one thread, but I know nothing. Thanks again.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.