Where should I apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lastbastion

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm a North Carolina resident hoping to go to UNC in two years, but you know there is no guarntee ever. So, I was wondering, being a North Carolina applicant, which schools have preference for students for other states especially NC, and which schools should I stear clear of. I don't even want to bother with the bigger name schools, too much hype in my opinion, and plus I'd like to stay in the south.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a college sophmore soon to be junior by the way. Just in case you missed that. It just irks me that there is only one dental school in NC.

Thanks.

The only private school in the south is Nova. All other schools in the south are public and pretty much only take residents of their state. (ie. Florida, UAB, Medical college of Georida, and MUSC)

Your best bet, if you want to stay in the south and don't get into UNC, is Nova. All other southern schools would be a long shot, unless you have amazing scores. I would definetly apply to the big northeast privates like Tufts, Boston, NYU, and Temple to better your chances of acceptance.

Hope that helps! :D

JRogoff said:
The only private school in the south is Nova. All other schools in the south are public and pretty much only take residents of their state. (ie. Florida, UAB, Medical college of Georida, and MUSC)

Your best bet, if you want to stay in the south and don't get into UNC, is Nova. All other southern schools would be a long shot, unless you have amazing scores. I would definetly apply to the big northeast privates like Tufts, Boston, NYU, and Temple to better your chances of acceptance.

Hope that helps! :D

Totally agree with him. Southern states have only very few dental schools, usually 1 per state.. Apply to your state school and then to 2 or 3 private: definately Nova, and then BU, Tufts, etc..

Good luck! :luck: