where should i apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eternity52

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I currently am a student at the University of Michigan. I am a biology major with an overall and science GPA of 3.4, and a MCAT of 30 (V-11, P-10, B-9, W-P), with good activities and volunteer experience. My question is, outside of the 3 school instate, where should I apply? I'd really appreciate some responses, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

There are a number of great schools in Chicago that may like the fact that you're from Michigan - Loyola (absolutely beautiful school!), Rush, Northwestern, U of Illinois at Chicago. Also Ohio State is a great school and they have a high out-of-state acceptance rate (like 20% of their class) - I was an Illinois resident when I applied and that was my first acceptance. Hope this helps!

Philly

------------------
"They do certainly give very strange and newfangled names to diseases."
- Plato

[This message has been edited by Lt. Ub (edited 06-17-2000).]

eternity52:

Apply wherever you would really like to go to medical school. Don't limit yourself. If you start limiting yourself NOW, before you even get into medical school, then imagine the trouble you will have when the time actually comes for you to prove yourself...you will lack the confidence.
Anyone can get in anywhere....I have heard some crazy stories. Push hard, make yourself the best candidate, and good luck.

------------------
Joshua Paul Hazelton, FAI-EH, BLSI, CNA, EMT-B
[email protected]
University of the Sciences in Philadelphia (2002)
"D.O. Wannabe"

hey thanks for the help, but are my scores really high enough for northwestern? i know there's always a chance, so if i really want to go there (which i do), i'm going to apply there when i mail in my amcas this week.

thanks again!