1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

where should i apply?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by eternity52, Jun 16, 2000.

1. eternity52

eternity52 Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi, I currently am a student at the University of Michigan. I am a biology major with an overall and science GPA of 3.4, and a MCAT of 30 (V-11, P-10, B-9, W-P), with good activities and volunteer experience. My question is, outside of the 3 school instate, where should I apply? I'd really appreciate some responses, thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Lt. Ub

Lt. Ub Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

There are a number of great schools in Chicago that may like the fact that you're from Michigan - Loyola (absolutely beautiful school!), Rush, Northwestern, U of Illinois at Chicago. Also Ohio State is a great school and they have a high out-of-state acceptance rate (like 20% of their class) - I was an Illinois resident when I applied and that was my first acceptance. Hope this helps!

Philly

------------------
    "They do certainly give very strange and newfangled names to diseases."
    - Plato

[This message has been edited by Lt. Ub (edited 06-17-2000).]

4. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Membership Revoked
    Removed 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    eternity52:

Apply wherever you would really like to go to medical school. Don't limit yourself. If you start limiting yourself NOW, before you even get into medical school, then imagine the trouble you will have when the time actually comes for you to prove yourself...you will lack the confidence.
    Anyone can get in anywhere....I have heard some crazy stories. Push hard, make yourself the best candidate, and good luck.

------------------
    Joshua Paul Hazelton, FAI-EH, BLSI, CNA, EMT-B
    [email protected]
    University of the Sciences in Philadelphia (2002)
    "D.O. Wannabe"

5. eternity52

eternity52 Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

hey thanks for the help, but are my scores really high enough for northwestern? i know there's always a chance, so if i really want to go there (which i do), i'm going to apply there when i mail in my amcas this week.

thanks again!