1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Where should I apply.

Discussion in 'Psychology [Psy.D. / Ph.D.]' started by etm12, Aug 11, 2011.

1. etm12

Many MSW programs have biology requirements and statistic requirements. I never took biology and got a D in stats .

I have a 3.05 cumulative and a 3.4 in my major (political science). My LORs are nice, but short. As of right now I have a year of volunteer work. I am looking to apply to Bridgewater State, Salem State, Long Island University, Illinois State University, and whatever else is suggested. I went to school full-time and worked full-time (in another field).

Where could I get in? If a current student has matriculated with similar stats, please reply with where you were accepted.

2. wigflip

2+ Year Member

Can you take biology and stats in the summer somewhere, maybe employing a tutor for help to get through? You may have trouble getting in somewhere if you don't have the pre-reqs with a minimum grade of B or C or whatever the departments require.

3. 4EverBluDevils

10+ Year Member

Non-Student
    What about Catholic or Howard?

4. socwrkr

2+ Year Member

You can take these courses from your local community college before applying to the different programs in order to fulfill the requirement. I don't know about the programs at Howard and Catholic University. I suggest you contact them directly. Some MSW programs ask that students complete the required courses the summer prior to matriculation in the fall.