Where should I apply.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

etm12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Many MSW programs have biology requirements and statistic requirements. I never took biology and got a D in stats .

I have a 3.05 cumulative and a 3.4 in my major (political science). My LORs are nice, but short. As of right now I have a year of volunteer work. I am looking to apply to Bridgewater State, Salem State, Long Island University, Illinois State University, and whatever else is suggested. I went to school full-time and worked full-time (in another field).

Where could I get in? If a current student has matriculated with similar stats, please reply with where you were accepted.

Members don't see this ad.

Many MSW programs have biology requirements and statistic requirements. I never took biology and got a D in stats .

I have a 3.05 cumulative and a 3.4 in my major (political science). My LORs are nice, but short. As of right now I have a year of volunteer work. I am looking to apply to Bridgewater State, Salem State, Long Island University, Illinois State University, and whatever else is suggested. I went to school full-time and worked full-time (in another field).

Where could I get in? If a current student has matriculated with similar stats, please reply with where you were accepted.

Can you take biology and stats in the summer somewhere, maybe employing a tutor for help to get through? You may have trouble getting in somewhere if you don't have the pre-reqs with a minimum grade of B or C or whatever the departments require.

You can take these courses from your local community college before applying to the different programs in order to fulfill the requirement. I don't know about the programs at Howard and Catholic University. I suggest you contact them directly. Some MSW programs ask that students complete the required courses the summer prior to matriculation in the fall.