Where should i apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Femtochemistry

Skunk Works
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi again,
Ok..here is some info about me: overall GPA=3.68
Science gpa=3.85...mcat=will take august 2002..
I have done volunteering at a local hospital, i have done research for the last 3 years, and i am a student tutor at college..so far here is my list,please tell me where else i should apply to, i live in Pittsburgh,PA and go to Pitt.

1.University of Pittsburgh
2.University of Pennsylvania
3.Pennsylvania State University
4.MCP Hahnemann University School of Medicine
5.Temple University
6.Jefferson Medical College of Thomas
7.Boston University
8.University of Rochester
9.SUNY - Stony Brook
10.Michigan State University

Thx guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Wow...it's really hard to say before you have MCAT scores and then it'll be too late! Don't forget to apply to schools like Finch, Albany, and New York Medical.

With a GPA around 3.7 and a nice science GPA, there is really no school you should not give at least some consideration. Your MCAT scores might reveal more, but if they are a well-rounded 32+, there is probably no school that you should not consider barring state residency requirements.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it's hard to measure the strength of your numbers, when you haven't even taken the MCAT yet.
You should apply to a large range of schools (top 10, top 25, top 50, non-tier I), that way you'll have your bases covered.
Depending on your finances, however, i'd apply to more schools than that. Alot of getting into med school is about luck, the more schools you apply to the better off you will be.
good luck in august :D

it's not necessarily about quantity but rather range.
your GPA numbers are very strong. you could consider higher ranked schools, if you want.

the idea is to apply to as many schools as you can handle. I didn't have a job or school, so I applied to 26 schools. i was a full-time applicant. i wasn't sure where i'd get in, so i applied to a wide range of school. it has paid off. i have been accepted to more schools than i could possibly attend (aka >1).

I think you should leave out SUNY - Stony Brook
because they prefer 100% state residents.