Where should l apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

haleygirl

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I could really use some advice as to where I should apply. I am nervous with my MCAT score, I got a 499, but my GPA is super solid. It's a 3.92 with my science GPA being a 3.88. I have worked in a nursing home setting since I was 17 and have done many extra curricular throughout college. I was in a sorority and held positions, lots of volunteering at the Children's Hospital and nursing homes. I have been looking at DO schools. I just don't know where to apply because I don't want to waste my money and time applying somewhere that I don't stand a chance.

HELP! Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Why not retake the MCAT? Also you realize there's an Osteopathic forum too, right?

I know that this isn't what you want to hear, but I really think you should retake the MCAT. A 499 would be a huge weight on your application, and there's no reason to apply with that when you could retake and get a much better score, especially if the rest of your application is solid (which it seems to be).

Members don't see this ad :)
retake MCAT, I know it's scary af...but you gotta do what you gotta do!

If you are smart enough to get a 3.92, you have the talent to be able to score much higher. Don't hinder your own career and just retake the test.

Reactions: 1 user
What were you getting on practice tests for the MCAT? Its not worth retaking unless you are going to see marked improvement.

You fall into the Low MCAT/High GPA quadrant - which puts you in the area where people are going to be questioning why your GPA is so high (easy classes?) than why your MCAT is so low.

Without knowing the rest of your application/what state you are from its hard to say much about chances.