MD Where to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Rising senior ORM, looking for some school list feedback/suggestions.

Stats
State of residence: MD
GPA: 3.87 (check mark-like trend)
sGPA: 3.85
MCAT: 520 (130/129/130/131)

Extra-curriculars:
Clinical Volunteering: 200 hours at a local children's hospital playing with kids, helping nurses etc
Shadowing: ~100 hours between peds/neurosurg/nicu (was gonna do more but COVID)
Volunteering: ~200 hours tutoring local underprivileged kids, ~200 hours with the same tutoring program but a leadership role, ~200 hours expected as a crisis text line volunteer, ~300 hours starting a student organization that serves underprivileged members of the local community
Research: ~400 hours in a fly lab, ~1000 hours researching developmental mechanisms planning to do a senior thesis and presentation
Other: ~900 hours as a TA, ~20 hours as a mentor for the honors program, lifelong pianist, various sports/hobbies

Based on my advisor's feedback, I shouldn't be applying to too many competitive schools because of my GPA trend/average EC's. I was thinking something like this but wanted to make sure it wasn't too top heavy. I'm interested in peds, maybe going into academic med. Structuring my story around growing up with a younger sibling with disabilities and how that shaped my interests etc...

Einstien
Boston U
Case
Hofstra
OSU
UMD
Hopkins
Emory
Dartmouth
Mayo
Icahn
Jefferson
Tufts
UCLA
UCSF
U Cincinnati
Yale
Cornell
NYU
U Penn

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You should receive several interviews from your list. You could add these schools:
Washington University
Harvard
Duke
Pittsburgh
Rochester