Where to begin?

Started by zypidyo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

zypidyo

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,
I'm an Osteopathic student interested in pursuing
DR and IR. I was wondering where to start in researching programs and whether to go AOA or ACGME. I'm from the Midwest and would prefer to stay close. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The best place to look is "current residents." If a program consistently takes DOs, they're likely DO friendly. For example, Yale and CCF are top radiology programs that are very DO friendly, whereas places in California or NYC/Boston less so.

As far as AOA, ACGME, maybe you could find an advisor to help you decide on that one and any additional steps you'd need to take go get an ACGME spot.