Where to buy ExamKrackers?

Started by AshPreMed
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AshPreMed

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I'm in Toronto and want to buy the EK verbal books ASAP (is it worth buying the Bio section too over TPR books?). Could you please tell me if there's a quicker way of buying it instead of through the official website?

Thanks!
 
Yup, amazon. Or craigslist.. Does canada have craigslist? I got the EK 1001 set (chem, orgo, physics, VR 101) on craigslist for $40. Like-new. No waiting for shipping and you get to see the stuff before you buy it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is paperback the original material or is that photocopy?

Yup, amazon. Or craigslist.. Does canada have craigslist? I got the EK 1001 set (chem, orgo, physics, VR 101) on craigslist for $40. Like-new. No waiting for shipping and you get to see the stuff before you buy it.
There are too many sellers who look sketchy. Could you tell me who you bought yours from (were they actually new?)? Could anyone please inform me of credible vendors?
 
Were they written on?

They were written on in pencil (which I erased off). There was a bit of pen, but no biggy (I only paid $10 a book, so I wasn't complaining). I should specify that these were the 1001 books and not the full set (I got the full set new with my prep course). I've bought other prep books off Kijiji before and they've been in really good condition. If you're really bothering about pencil marks and such, Amazon/Chapters would be your best option.
 
Is the second edition of the 101 passages any better?

I have the second edition and it doesn't have the mistakes that others have talked about (like, the scale in the back was fixed to reflect the new shorter MCAT format).

It may also be worth checking Premed101 to see if anyone is selling stuff on there as well.