where to buy old exams? vs Qbank?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arielc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys,

does anyone know where i can purchase only the NBDE part 1 old exams and pay less than the price listed in asda's online store? eBay seems to have cd-roms but they contain more than just the old exams. Is it worth the bidding?

also, i'm thinking if i sign up with Kaplan, are the Qbank questions good enough or i should stick with the old exams? Sorry I have so many questions but if you can help out a part1 first-timer, many thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello arielc, :)
I have the ASDA reprints for sale. I bought it online from ASDA last year.
Now I can give them to you for half price, in case if you are interested contact me, [email protected]

arielc said:
hi guys,

does anyone know where i can purchase only the NBDE part 1 old exams and pay less than the price listed in asda's online store? eBay seems to have cd-roms but they contain more than just the old exams. Is it worth the bidding?

also, i'm thinking if i sign up with Kaplan, are the Qbank questions good enough or i should stick with the old exams? Sorry I have so many questions but if you can help out a part1 first-timer, many thanks!

The NBDE CD-ROM on eBay (I think it's getting around $10-$20) has everything you need and is a great value for the money. For that price, you just can't go wrong.

For what the NBDE tests, the Q-Bank questions are absurd. If they were given to you free then you *might* use them, but I certainly wouldn't pay for them.

I have Q-Bank access and haven't done more than 30 of them simply because their level of difficulty is insane. You'll find that they are exactly the same as many of the USMLE Q-Bank questions, which doesn't surprise me. More than likely, Kaplan rebadged the same questions as NBDE questions even though the scope is nowhere near the same for the two exams.