where to buy pharmacy textbooks

Started by xnm11
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

xnm11

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey everyone,

is there any particular site that consistently has cheap used pharmacy textbooks, or are my best choices still ebay/half, amazon, addall, etc.?

p.s. anyone looking to sell their old textbooks? 🙂
 
amazon.com or half.com is where i've gotten pretty much everyone of my pharmacy books through those two sites.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was getting mine on Ebay and it turned out someone in my class was in a bidding war with me. But I found a cheaper one and they paid a lot more (heh heh) but I'd say got for Half.com and Amazon. Never ever go to the school's bookstore. Ever.
 
I ordered my books from half.com for almost a month now and I haven't recieved the books yet. We started class on monday and we have our first set of exams in three weeks . I don't know what to do now, I have tried contacting the sellers and found out that one of the seller is no longer a registered user of half.com. You can use Abebooks.com because they sent me the book I ordered from them in less than a week.
Goodluck
 
I ordered my books from half.com for almost a month now and I haven't recieved the books yet. We started class on monday and we have our first set of exams in three weeks . I don't know what to do now, I have tried contacting the sellers and found out that one of the seller is no longer a registered user of half.com. You can use Abebooks.com because they sent me the book I ordered from them in less than a week.
Goodluck

I'm sorry you didn't receive your books yet. I know how it feels to get scammed from ebay/half.com. Have you tried reporting the sellers to half.com? They can probably credit your credit card back. You should report them to half.com as soon as possible, because I think there is a time limit to report them. Good luck!
 
When buying from second hand sellers, I like to see many purchases and a high approval rate before buying.
 
You should report them to half.com as soon as possible, because I think there is a time limit to report them. Good luck!
You have to wait until after the possible delivery window closes, though. With books, that can be almost a month since they are typically shipped Media Mail. Media Mail is the USPS's lowest priority and the quoted delivery windows are very long, 3-4 weeks, though my stuff usually arrives quicker than that, thank goodness! I would contact half.com now, but they might say wait it out a few more days.

I contested a purchase from half.com once. The book I ordered said it was like new, but when it arrived, it was literally falling apart! The spine was broken, pages were loose, entire pages were highlighted. All I wanted was a credit of the difference between "like new" and "piece of sh*$" books. They said they would give me my money back, but I had to return the book within 2 weeks. It was the middle of the semester and I needed it! What kind of a solution was that? I just kept it because I figured I needed the book more than the 20 bucks.