where to find my school's average MCAT score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wahoo2010

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where do I find the average MCAT score of the pre-med students from my school?

Members don't see this ad.

Where do I find the average MCAT score of the pre-med students from my school?

Your school premed office? I'm not sure what's the point of knowing this. It doesn't really make a difference if you are better or worse than the others at your school. People apply to med school all over. You are competing with the thousands of other applicants that are applying to each of the schools you select, not the hundred or so classmates that go to med school. So right now average for matriculants is probably in the 30-31 range. If you can do better than that, you are competitive for med school. Even if that's the worst score at your school. Or the best.

Members don't see this ad :)
My advisor's office puts out a numerical summary every year. Can you ask for one from yours?

why does this matter?

Maybe he/ she is just curious, what's the big deal? I know I'd like to see what the averages are at my school for sh*ts and giggles. What was the point of that statement, other than to try to put the OP down?

Maybe he/ she is just curious, what's the big deal? I know I'd like to see what the averages are at my school for sh*ts and giggles. What was the point of that statement, other than to try to put the OP down?

I was actually wondering if this info was important for anything, though I suppose that did come off a bit aggressive.

I was actually wondering if this info was important for anything, though I suppose that did come off a bit aggressive.

Ohh ok my bad then, tone doesn't translate into text real well.

It could be relevant in the sense he may find the school is chugging out a whole lot of people with extremely low mcat scores. This could go towards a poor basic science instruction. In which case I would get my rear out of that school. What OP is more likely to find is just a broad range of scores with little correlative value.