Where to find Package Inserts online

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Me_Gusta_Drugs

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a good online resource to finding the manufacturers package insert online?
And I dont mean going to the manufacturers website because they dont always have it. Does anyone know of a website that has them all?
Reason is sometimes globalRPH and micromedex dont cut it.

Members don't see this ad.

Is there a good online resource to finding the manufacturers package insert online?
And I dont mean going to the manufacturers website because they dont always have it. Does anyone know of a website that has them all?

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cder/drugsatfda/index.cfm

It's my understanding that the FDA wanted to have all package inserts online in one database. Whether or not that actually happened, I have no idea, but the label information given here should do just fine I would think.

Members don't see this ad :)
couldnt find it on that fda link

and pharmacist letter has medguides, not the package insert, unless Im looking in wrong spot.

anyone else?

Um, have you tried looking at the actual package inserts? I mean how is viewing them online superior to looking at the actual package insert?

Um, have you tried looking at the actual package inserts? I mean how is viewing them online superior to looking at the actual package insert?

um, maybe if you dont have the package insert...hence go online

thanks for the help...dailymed website looks pretty good

phathead has given you the best resource. Use it.

phathead has given you the best resource. Use it.

Ive searched a few drugs on there...there is a space for a link to the package insert but theyve all been blank so no package inserts on there for the common drugs i looked for

If the brand is still available you can normally find it on its website.

um, maybe if you dont have the package insert...hence go online

thanks for the help...dailymed website looks pretty good

Online version is also good if the package insert has been updated as well. I'm curious to know which drug you weren't able to find on the FDA website, though. They should really update that considering they approve the medications...

amlodipine, gabapentin, phenytoin
there are tons of manufacturers and i tried to select a common one like Teva...maybe just got unlikely and those werent available

Online version is also good if the package insert has been updated as well. I'm curious to know which drug you weren't able to find on the FDA website, though. They should really update that considering they approve the medications...