NewGuyBob

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Hi there! Does anybody know where can I find info or ads for unexpectedly open / off-cycle anesthesia positions? Other than find-a-resident.com which I heard sucks. Thanks!

BassDominator

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2004
Status (Visible)
You might just try contacting the PDs of programs you are interested in. I know several people who switched from medicine/surgery this way.

Pinky

and the Brain
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2001
Chicago, IL
Status (Visible)
BassDominator said:
You might just try contacting the PDs of programs you are interested in. I know several people who switched from medicine/surgery this way.

that's what i did. i knew what city i wanted to be in so i went to the websites of all the programs in the city and e-mailed everyone. i'll be starting off-cycle in october.

About the Ads

Jimmy LaRoux

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2004
Status (Visible)
So "off-cycle" is a position that has suddenly become available (and is up for grabs) at an odd time or during the middle of the year? Correct? And who is qualified for these off-cycle positions? Can a person wishing to transfer from EM/IM/FP get these off-cycle positions?

Pinky

and the Brain
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2001
Chicago, IL
Status (Visible)
My position is a CA-1 position starting in October. This spot opened up as someone who started off-cycle 3 years ago is finishing in October so I will just take his place. I'm eligible for the spot since I already finished a prelim year in IM.

WalterSobchak

Apr 13, 2004
Status (Visible)
My program has recently had one CA-1 spot open up starting July 2004. Contact me if you are interested.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.