Where to find positions...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NewGuyBob

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there! Does anybody know where can I find info or ads for unexpectedly open / off-cycle anesthesia positions? Other than find-a-resident.com which I heard sucks. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You might just try contacting the PDs of programs you are interested in. I know several people who switched from medicine/surgery this way.

BassDominator said:
You might just try contacting the PDs of programs you are interested in. I know several people who switched from medicine/surgery this way.

that's what i did. i knew what city i wanted to be in so i went to the websites of all the programs in the city and e-mailed everyone. i'll be starting off-cycle in october.

Members don't see this ad :)
So "off-cycle" is a position that has suddenly become available (and is up for grabs) at an odd time or during the middle of the year? Correct? And who is qualified for these off-cycle positions? Can a person wishing to transfer from EM/IM/FP get these off-cycle positions?

My position is a CA-1 position starting in October. This spot opened up as someone who started off-cycle 3 years ago is finishing in October so I will just take his place. I'm eligible for the spot since I already finished a prelim year in IM.

My program has recently had one CA-1 spot open up starting July 2004. Contact me if you are interested.